Shiatsu – a unique treatment experience
The treatment is most often experienced as deeply relaxing; the clients wear loose, comfortable clothes and lies on a futon (mat) on the floor. The practitioner uses direct pressure with hands and fingers and sometimes with elbows and knees on the client’s body. Shiatsu works by stimulating the circulation of Blood and Qi to reactivate the body’s natural flow and to reduce or eliminate the restrictions (stagnation) which may impede circulation and give rise to muscular tension, stress, illness, injury and pain. Shiatsu also can reinforce those areas of the body left deficient or undernourished by blood or Qi. Beneficial effects through all the body’s circulatory systems (blood, nervous, lymphatic & respiratory) are enhanced by this simple form of Japanese massage.
Dr Mychelle’s experience, expertise and understanding of the interconnections between physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing bring to Shiatsu a unique treatment experience.
Common things Shiatsu addresses:
- Aches, pains, tension headaches & migraines.
- Physical & emotional trauma.
- Sleeping problems, lack of stamina.
- Poor concentration, fatigue.
- Painful muscles and joints.
- PMS & Menstrual disorders.
- Digestive and bowel irregularities.
- Hay fever, asthma, skin conditions and constant colds.
- Sport injury.
- Weight loss, cellulite.
- Low libido.
- PLUS MUCH MORE…
Book your Shiatsu Massage today